Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cave Story (It's so much more than the name tells.)

So I've been playing Cave Story (the remodled version for newer consoles). It's an old indie game that has captured the heart of my own and many others with its amazing gameplay, characters and story.

Enough with the review though here's my rage. 

Okay so I'm plodding along and I text my friend who's a huge fan of the game. He asks what I've done and I tell him and the game pulls that "that one weak weapon is the greatest later if you hold onto it" kinda thing. I got angry and was mad but figured I'd trek through to the end anyway. Key points happened in the game and I was proud that I was getting to the best ending but it all went wrong when i fought the final boss for the first time. IT WAS BAD. Upon meeting the final boss known as "The Core", you suffocate from lack of oxygen in that god forsaken crypt of a bunker area. Your partner saves you by giving up her oxygen tank. You can save her. This i had no idea. I left and moved on realizing that i was only gearing myself to the bad ending. Upon the final stretch of the bad ending, i realized my mistake and in anger cleared the file just as my friend said to wait and see the Bad Ending. I refused. I was angrily perplexed. So I started over and I realize i missed the key component in the beginning of the game. The damn map module. That thing lets you see each area you're in.

Life isnt like a game but I would rather go in place of anyone else if it means saving someones life.

Cave Story. Check it out. Worth every penny.

~ Bruin Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment